There are three applications in Helios to manage the devices and installation: Helios Config, Helios Assigner and Helios Control. The information can be transferred between applications through two structures: the manufacturer database and the installation file.
1 Manufacturer Database
Each luminaire node has to be configured according to the luminaire in which it is installed to perform the regulation and estimate consumption. These parameters are specific to each luminaire and may differ from the values for others.
This information is stored in a database where the manufacturer creates a reference for each luminaire type for easy configuration of the luminaires.
This database can also store time schedules templates.
2 Installation file
This is a file where specific information from the installation is stored: devices, locations, addresses, settings, etc., and it will be different for each installation.
3 Helios Config
It is the application configuration of devices within the system: luminaires, central units and tags. It runs on any operating system (Windows, GNU/Linux, Mac OS).
Helios Config. Communication with devices on directly radio coverage
Helios Config allows you to communicate with any wireless device that is in direct radio coverage using a gateway connected to your computer.
Helios Config Screenshot
Helios Config allows searching devices in the coverage radius: luminaires, central units and tags. Using Helios Config you can perform all the settings and possible operations on selected devices:
- Interface configuration using the luminaire.
- Luminaire consumption characterization.
- Set manual or automatic mode.
- Set automatic time schedules.
- Set the value of lighting manually.
- Get the luminaire measure consumption.
Central Unit Nodes
- Assign identifier, gps position and addressing information.
- Set the AC output lines of the circuits.
- Configure consumption meters of the circuits.
- Configure AC probes for electrical protection (supply connection, differential switchs, circuit breakers, etc) to generate alarms.
- Configure the sensors to generate alarms (door open, flood, fire, etc)
- Set supervisors consumption parameters for alarm generation.
- Manual or automatic mode set on lines.
- Set time schedules on lines automatically.
- Set line values in the manual mode.
- Get line consumption measures.
- Get the state of the probes and sensors.
- Assign identifier.
- Set the associated luminaires.
- Set the tag type and parameters per each type.
Helios Config allows you to create and modify luminaire references and template schedules in the manufacturer database.
Helios Config allows you to load the manufacturer’s database and the installation file to configure the devices.
4 Helios Control Web
It is the web application that resides on the application server. It runs through a browser (Chrome, Explorer11+, Firefox …) from any computer with TCP/IP server connectivity.
Helios Control Web Screenshot
The application installation is displayed by a map on which the lights and central units are positioned to represent the location of the devices. This information is uploaded to the server application through the installation file.
It displays all information collected by the server:
- Luminaire alarms.
- Central unit alarms from electrical distribution panels.
- Circuits consumption. Consumption charts generation.
- Luminare consumption. Consumption charts generation.
- Lighting state of luminaires
- Lines state on the central unit.
- Probes state on the central unit.
- Sensors state on the central unit.
And perform operations on devices:
- Set manual or automatic luminaire mode.
- Set light setpoint in manual mode.
- Configure luminaires time schedules.
- Set manual or automatic mode on the lines of the central units.
- Set to manual mode the lines of the central units.
- Configure time schedules for the central units lines.
Luminaires and control units include configurable routing fields that allow you to group actions on devices, for example, you can send commands by street, neighborhood, etc.
5 Helios Assigner
It is the application to create and modify the installation, displayed on a map where the luminaires and central units are positioned.
Helios Assigner Screenshot
Helios Assigner records into the file installation all the information from each device: parameters, locations, routing, IDs, settings, time schedules, etc.
Helios Assigner allows to load the manufacturer database to import luminaire references and time schedule templates. With this information it is able to estimate the installation consumption based on the lights time schedules.
Helios Assigner has no radio interface and communicates directly with the system devices, it is a support application to work with the manufacturer database. If you want to to be able to transfer the system data to the devices, you will need to use the Helios Config or Helios Control applications.
Flow of data between applications
The installation file, generated by Helios Assigner, is used in Web Control for representation in map format and settings for remote devices over the network.
You can also use the installation file in Helios Config to configure the devices via a point to point connection.
Luminaires references stored in the manufacturer database, generated by Helios Config, are used on Helios Assigner to perform the installation consumption estimation.